About Me

My photo
My take is my own but it is not unique. I think I share the same views as most folks who think "conservative" is a dirty word.

What I Talk About

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Monday, October 6, 2008

ON CHOSING A VICE PRESIDENTIAL RUNNING MATE

LINDA LINGLE VS SARAH PALIN

In considering the relatively short list of women that hold office in the Republican party, it's really no wonder how they came up with Sarah Palin. If they went by photographs alone, then, hands-down, Palin wins her party's endorsement. If they went by public appeal, then, as far as I can find on the Internet, she has no anti-Palin websites as does Linda Lingle, at least not prior to her nomination.

In fact, it's painfully obvious that the articles which popped up after Palin's nomination may be too late to be as effective as hoped. Palin's home state of Alaska has the most square mileage of any state. Plenty of land for people and animals to cohabit. So, why are we now hearing of the aerial hunting of animals in Alaska? I'm fairly certain this has been going on for years and years and... well, basically since the invention of flying machines and the idea of hunting merged together. I'm concerned why this hasn't been more of a mainstream issue prior to Palin. But anyway...

If McCain were given a portfolio of Republican women that held office, had that portfolio slammed down in front of him, was told to pick one from this fine crop of "gals". How and whom would he choose? Considering the short list, and speed of the decision, I thought it was rather apparent how he chose.


Lisa Murkowski (R - AK)



Susan M. Collins (R - ME)



Elizabeth Dole (R - NC)



Kay Bailey Hutchison (R - TX)



Olympia J. Snowe (R - ME)



Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska



Governor M. Jodi Rell, Connecticut



Governor Linda Lingle, Hawai




No comments: